Friday, October 07, 2005

Salzman, Arkley, fight on the playground

This Times Standard article could be titled, "Poor Richard's Almanac." I'm almost sorry I had a letter published in the NCJ, but I do feel that Salzman can no longer be an effective frontman for candidates. It's too bad, because I appreciated his accomplishments. Defeating the recall was essential to maintaining democracy. If we let the rich buy elections, that ain't democracy, it's oligarchy. Had Salzman asked me, I would've written letters on issues I believed in that he was promoting. I'm truly saddened to see Salzman being drug over the coals over a dirty political trick. Especially since he's getting shafted because his budget to engage in such tactics is so much smaller than our advesaries. When you have millions of dollars to spend, it's easy to get signature gathers and letter writers and run nasty untrue smear campaigns. So nice of Arkley to voluntarily give up his letters to the investigation. I wonder if Senor Rob has been busting out the Champagne over this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home