Sunday, November 20, 2005

this is me on sleep

Yesterday, as I was cleaning up the yard in preparation for Thanksgiving, I saw two crows attacking another large bird, possibly a hawk. I assume it was a territorial thing. And I remembered again what I keep forgetting. People are still animals, with animal instincts and behaviors. I was discouraged by the lack of logic and civility, and it was ridiculous on my part. To lament the way things are and will likely always be is a waste of time and energy. One (that oned being me) should work towards the world one wants, but focus on navigating the world as it is. It’d be great if people were honest and door locks weren’t needed, but that’s not the way it is. So now I must try to remember, and to learn how to respond in my own style to the absurdities of others. How can I express my disagreement and disapproval with respect? When should respect end?

Sleep is a wonderful thing. I need to try it more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home