Sunday, March 19, 2006

My day

After a good night's sleep, and a long slow rise, I took my son to the peace march, against his repeatedly expressed wishes for otherwise. He played in a tree and with a dog while I talked through the speeches, then we marched to F st, turned left and high tailed it towards the car, jumping a bench or two on the way. After a quick check in the pawn shop for a birthday present, we drove threw fast food, flew to get a gift and hit the first birthday party. Two to five I stood around feeling awkward while the kids raged. Put away chairs and tables, swept the floor of the hall, and was the last to leave except the mother of the two birthday kids, one day and five years apart. Went to the next birthday party at the bowling alley. Sat and talked and completely ignored any sense of responsibility. Went back home, grabbed a sleeping bag for pink haired boy and my bass and amp, dropped him at his selection of the two slumber parties, and boogied out to blue lake for a party. Didn't even need my bass. There was sweet sweet moonstone and nice amp setup thanks to Motorhead. Took turns jamming and did I have a blast. I even sat on the drums for a couple of songs and kept a beat. First time ever I was able to keep up on the drums. Stayed a long time after listening to Motorhead tell stories. Now it's 4am and I'm totally wired and it's so cold my hands hurt and typing is painful. I'm really glad I'm feeling like one whole person again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home