Thursday, March 02, 2006

ideation

If it were an option i would. Joni Mitchell sings, "i'd go back there in a moment, but for the work I've taken on." There are only more layers to the onion, and all the cutting brings tears. I speak cryptically and mean it both ways. But as each layer is peeled away, there are less layers left. But sorrow is a funny onion, and the layers seem endless. Everytime I think I've reached a manageable level left to go, the dimensions warp and it's like I'm starting over with a replicated version. Not the same texture but still the same flavor and size. I worry that I'm getting through the winter layers, and the spring layers are deceptive. There so much less pungent and tear causing, leaving enough clarity to carry out the ideation. But for the work I've taken on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home