Sunday, February 12, 2006

Two GREAT days

Physical labor can be so satisfying. My hands are cut up and aching, speckled with paint. But there is now a window where for 2 weeks there was a hole. There is fresh 2x4's replacing and supporting the rotted studs. There is nice new tar paper where there was ripped and rotted covering. The soaked insallation has been replaced. There is fresh T-111 where there was rotted panels. There is fresh trim and new caulk, and a coat of primer over it all. Only left the house for materials and dinner Saturday night. Only interacted with a new friend who I hired to help me. I slept good and long Saturday night. I worked hard and efficient all day today. That seems to be the ticket to calm mind: stay home and get things done. It's Sunday, and I wanted a phone call, but I'll live without it. I will never call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home