Thursday, May 04, 2006

Trying to make this song my own

I'm alright
by Louden Wainwright III

Woke up this morning, and I didn't feel that bad
last night was definitely not one of the worst I ever had,
ate some dinner,
drank a few drinks,
didn't miss you baby, no matter what you think,
went back to my hotel room, went straight to bed,
I did not moan, I did not cry, I did not wish I was dead
I'm alright, I'm alright, I'm alright without you.

Woke up this morning and I didn't have the blues,
So I pulled on my tube socks, laced up my running shoes,
went to the reservoir to jog a mile or two
I didn't think about our love and I wasn't missing you,
went back to the hotel room,
I took a few phone calls,
clean sheets on a made up bed,
and art works on the walls

I'm alright, I'm alright without you.

I woke up this afternoon, and I sat up in my bed,
There was a gnawing in my gut and a pounding in my head,
So I went to the bathroom, to the medicine chest,
there was razor blades and sleeping pills and all the rest,
but I was in control baby, I was so relaxed,
I found my self my dental floss, my favorite kind unwaxed !

I'm alright without you.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

know any norah jones... bring your guitar on Sunday!

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

teach me?

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home